KAIROS (God's special time)
(Kronos + Greek for Linear Time)
What is KAIROS Prison Ministry?
- Short course in Christianity for prison inmates similar to Emmaus weekend
- Presented 2 times a year
- In both men and women's prisons
- From Thursday afternoon through Sunday
- By about 45-50 lay people and 7 Pastors
- 42 inmates chosen by the chaplain and the warden
- About 18 inmates who have previously attended a KAIROS weekend are chosen to assist with the weekend activities.
- There are about 20 team members who do not go into the prison until the time of the Sunday evening closing. They(Men at women's prisons and women at men's prisons)
- Maintain a prayer vigil
- Prepare noon and evening meals for Friday through Sunday evening which are sent into the prison for the participants.
- An ecumenical/interdenominational ministry
- The mission of the Kairos Prison Ministry is to bring Christ's love and forgiveness to all incarcerated individuals, their families and those who work with them, and to assist in the transition of becoming a productive citizen..
For more info go to the Texas Kairos website or get in touch with one of the following individuals here at Alamo Heights UMC:
John Kennell (210) 348-8166
Joe Commare (210) 481-9406
Gordon (Chip) Slade (210) 490-9581